View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2015, 08:52 PM   #7
vbrad511
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bradley

Motorcycle(s): 1983 CB100F

Just a little update. I pulled the carbs again, they looked fine. I chased all the passages anyway. Got the AF leak taken care of (new oring) too. Put it back together, fired up, ran for a couple minutes then sputtered down and died. I got it fired up again, gave it a bit of throttle (had to, to keep it running), and it finally again sputtered and died. This time, a few moments later, it started puking crap out of the air box. I pulled the AF tank to find a small hole in the air box. The crap that'd come out was hard to describe, had an odd consistancy, almost like diesel fuel. I dabbed a bit on a paint stick and hit it with a lighter, and it didn't catch, so then I checked the AF. Level still fine. Then checked the oil. Looked high. Actually looked very high, so I got a couple small buckets and pulled the drain plug. All in all I got about 7 quarts out of it, and yes, it was that same fuel-laden crap that'd come out of the air box. I wrapped up for the day after that, came home, rounded up a filter, some cheapo oil to use as a rinse, and then some good 15/40 synthetic for a final fill. I'll get this all done tomorrow and update again.
vbrad511 is offline   Reply With Quote