View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:11 PM   #19
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
the street triple 675 does not have a single sided swing arm as far as I know.

I didn't like it because it was boring. it does 0-100mph in 2nd gear for some reason. nothing really stood out to me. the riding position is a lot like the SV with dirtbike bars, which I like. but it didn't do anything better than the SV does, except stop (but I fixed that with the R1 master cylinder!) it rides a lot more like an inline 4 than a v twin, it has less torque than the SV at low rpms and I am not a fan of the whistle note that the triumph triples tend to make. there was just nothing remarkable about the bike. it's a nice bike but it just didn't do it for me. I liked the 1050 a lot better because it has a lot more torque, enough that you can actually use more gears than the 675 and because it has power at low rpms you dont need to run around screaming before it's worth shifting. the 1050 is a handful though, you kind of have to man handle it around.

in short, my impression was that it's not any more fun to ride than the SV (I'd take an SV all day) it cost way too much money for what you get, it looks a little weird and unfinished to me, and i have actually never seen one with over 15k miles. the benefits are they're lightweight and comfortable.