View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2015, 06:55 AM   #25
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggae5 View Post
Running the part over just before he hit that truck looks like he was trying to turn the handlebars to the right, not countersteering at all. If he had pushed the right handlebar forward to countersteer out of the truck way he might have been all right. OR if he didn't have a lot of experience he might have went to far to the right and had an accident there or God forbid over the cliff.
From the way he steered throughout the whole video I don't think he even knows what countersteering is. When I took my MSF class the majority of the class were there by court orders for speeding. This included both a few big bearded Harley riders and a few younger squids. A few of the older guys had been riding for 30+ years. When the instructor asked what the proper way to turn into a curve was, every "experienced" rider said the same thing, "you just use your body and lean over." Me being a complete Noob that day thought they were probably right. Instructor then had to spend 30 minutes at least drawing diagrams and **** to get them all to understand what countersteering was and how the gyroscopic effect of the two wheels spinning would make the bike lean over almost effortlessly and in the opposite direction you would expect. It's physics man! What was even better was I ended up being one of the best in the class and scored seconds highest on the riding test. It's a whole lot easier to learn how to properly ride from scratch than to have to try and change how you have been riding for the past 20 to 30 years. Couple of the squids who were amateur drag racers at the track, dropped their bikes on their sides while we were learning the slow figure 8 maneuvers. Their cockyness quickly faded after I, someone who had never ridden anything other than a dirt bike a couple times, showed them up. Twas a great feeling that day

"Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle." - author unknown
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.