View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2015, 08:28 AM   #11
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Remove the exhaust mount/passenger peg bracket on the right side of the bike (as if you're sitting on the bike). There is a little screw just behind it which holds the air box in place. If you remove this bolt, the airbox can move a bit more...

Getting the carbs back in the quickest way:

1.) Verify you have the hidden bolt behind the exhaust/passenger peg mount removed, along with the bolt which bolts to the tank mount (as is shown in your pictures above.
2.) Wiggle the carbs into the airbox side first - this is usually made easier by complete removing the bolt for the metal clamps. One the carbs slide into these boots, clamp them down. It might also be made easier if you remove the coolant overflow reservoir on the right side of the bike.
3.) With the carbs attached to the airbox, slide them into the engine side rubber boots.
4.) Re-attach the airbox to the gas tank mount and the hidden bolt behind the exhaust/passenger peg bracket.
5.) Tighten down the engine side rubber boot clamps.

I can have the carbs in and out in about 30 min using this technique, although it will be easiest by far with Racer X's method of remove the rear wheel and fender.

Hope this helps.

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.