NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Tips from personal experience:
This is why I like having Mr. Fist around. He and I have done long trips, in two different areas of the country and came out of it with different experiences and thus different advice. Neither is right or wrong, they are our own experiences and what has worked for us

His first three bits of advice I'll echo. Being comfortable is the key to successfully doing any ride, especially a long one. I suspect that you have not done much to alter the ergonomics of your bike. After this ride, you'll have a laundry list of what needs changing to fit you.

The fourth bit is totally reliant on goal and mindset. For him, 400 miles is a long enough day. For me, 400 miles is about half way. Completely different approaches to riding and entirely dependent on you as the rider. Your personal daily limit comes from experience, these numbers are just recommendations from other riders.

My personal advice is built from the IBA's archive of wisdom, so I usually just link to that. It's good advice if you are going a certificate ride or just going out and doing your own ride. http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aowprintout.cfm
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.