View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2015, 03:33 PM   #1
sh123469
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): EX250, Suzuki Savage, 76 Goldwing restoration project, 71 CB350, 73 Yamaha GT1,

Muffler mounting

Are the stock mufflers mounted on the inside of the bracket (closer to the wheel) or on the outside between the bracket and foot peg mount?

I ask because the bike I have which was purchased from a kid who high-sided it at least once has the inside of one muffler lightly rubbing against the swing arm. There are a couple rock dents and scratches on this muffler so I know it has hit the road at least once. Just from looking, I can't tell that the bracket is bent.

I am not sure he re-mounted the mufflers properly on the right side of the bracket. Given the amount of other stuff I have found wrong with the bike like loose, stripped motor mount bolts, missing and loose bolts and parts in several other places, I don't have a lot of faith that he put them back on correctly. If he did, this one has a bent bracket and I will have to figure out a way to bend it back to where it should be.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Oops...posted in wrong forum. I meant to post this in the pregen forum. If admins want to move it, that's fine with me.
sh123469 is offline   Reply With Quote