View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2015, 07:03 AM   #12
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardie View Post
I took my rear wheel to Gollan's Honda Suzuki in Warren known for a great service department led by Keith Likens. They have a dynamic spin balancer. I asked Keith to remove my original tire and weight and spin the rim noting where the heavy spot was. His finding was that it was 180 degrees opposite of the Valve stem! He installed the tire put the dot on the heaviest spot, spun balanced and found that it needed 1 1/2 ozs to balance. I asked then to have tire moved to put dot on valve stem. The results were THE TIRE BALANCED PERFECTLY WITHOUT ANY WEIGHT ADDED!

I mention this because the Bridgestone guy in his seminar answering questions told us to move the tire around just don't automatically put the dot on the valve stem. In this case the alignment was good and for the first time that I can remember no weight was added to wheel to achieve balance.

FWIW Wardie
One thing I have done on my last set of tire changes was to put the bare clean rims on the balancing stand and mark the heavy spot for this very reason.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote