View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:10 AM   #20
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Hi Bro Hans, thx for the reply and wow what a great plan about mods
Do the RC8 internals fit the RC390? That's impressive and will make it very special.
Also does the R6 shock fit? The only thing what makes me wonder is the R6 shock has a linear spring and I think the KTM's have progressive, or am I wrong?
Let me say with going step by step you're on the right way and I hope to hear more about that all.

With my bike everything is done, all mods are made (even when more could be done) and I am really happy with it, especially after that Irish Racing mech did my suspension setup.
And one more thing, I've never thought that a quick shifter would be so smooth and so much fun to shift - I guess nobody will shift that quick. A Bravo for Healtech
About YSS shocks, I have one (w/o compression) and it's a big gain compared to oem. Some time ago (3 - 4 years) they should have had problems with oil leaks, but I can't see anything like that with mine.
So good luck for you and have many fun with the RC390/8
Hi Roland,

My Pleasure bro, it's always a pleasure conversing with you, as your knowledge of bikes is quiet vast and you are always willing to provide good advice

I genuinely have no idea if the RC8 internals will fit, what I do know is the forks are both 43mm, so IDEALLY they should. This I will only find out when I try it. I'm going to buy a set of used forks to experiment on, if it works, great, if it doesn't, I just lost a good part of 200$... lol It's a gamble... One more reason to go in for the RC8 internals + lowers was that I can, eventually, go in for a dual disc set-up, something I'm totally OBSESSED with... lol

The R6 shock from 99-02 is a direct replacement, with two exceptions. The bottom eyelet needs a 12mm-10mm bush, as the RC390 has both eyelets at 10mm and the R6 has one at 10mm and one at 12mm. Another thing is, since the RC390 doesn't have a linkage, it needs a much heavier spring than the R6 to achieve the same SAG. So while the R6 already has a pretty heavy 9.3kg/mm spring, the RC390 will need a 12.5kg/mm spring for a rider about 150-160lbs without gear. This is very well documented on this thread http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/whe...-99-02-r6.html

I was planning on getting a YSS shock for my bike, but I'm confused between that and rebuilding my R6 shock. I have rebuilt my GSXR shock for the 250, and I know what a terrible job I did... lol I also don't have the resources to do the Nitrogen charging and bleeding properly. SOOOOOOO I have four options : -
1) equip myself with a nitrogen charger and bleeder set-up and do the job myself,
2) look for someone who has the set-up locally (can't find anyone)
3) Look for someone to carry my shock abroad and have it rebuilt there (Dubai is an option)
4) buy a brand name shock brand new and just use that (money is an issue)

Anyways, I have time to figure it out, as I'm in no hurry. I contacted someone in Dubai and they quoted me around 325$ for a rebuild including parts and labour, a bit too rich for my liking... Lets see, I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually...