View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2015, 10:37 PM   #1
Mike V
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R, 2014 CBR650F

Hello from the frozen tundra

Hello all, just picked up a 2009 250R green/white from my boss here in Grand Forks, North Dakota. It has 3040 miles on it and he sold it to me for what seems to be a great price ($1700). I haven't found another one that cheap in this condition. It's had one of the fairings repainted in the past and it doesn't match exactly, but it doesn't bother me. Otherwise, the bike is in great condition and runs perfectly.

I just started riding last month, when I took the MSF BRC. I figured I'm not getting any younger and I've always wanted to ride so I said screw it - I'm doing it. I rode the bike home just this past Thursday, which was the first time on public roads for me. Prior to that, I had ridden it 40 miles within our large fenced in storage area. It was a bit alarming for me to see/hear the engine rapped out to 8000 rpm while cruising on the highway. That's going to take a bit of getting used to but to be honest, I'll probably just ride this bike around town most of the time anyway.

I stumbled on this forum while googling for cargo bag options. I just want a small bag to throw things in so I can use the bike to go to the store or whatever.

Is it common for the speedometer to be off? I was cruising an indicated 65-70 mph on the way home but a friend following me said I was only going 55-60. That explains why I was getting passed by everyone hahaha. So I'd have to cruise at 9k+ rpm to maintain 70 mph? Unfortunately, there isn't a back road to drive to work on.

Happy to be here! This forum seems to be a good place to be. I'm sure I'll have plenty newb questions to ask, if I can't find answers with a search. Thanks for having me.

Mike V is offline   Reply With Quote