Old August 17th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #27
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwidave View Post
I don't think clutch control is the issue, I've been riding since I was little. Dirtbikes first, then H-D's and just recently made the switch to the ninjette. Granted there are differences in all three of those types of bikes, but clutch control is pretty similar on them. On top of that I've only put less than 1,000 miles on a bike which has 17K on it. Correct me if I'm wrong here but to do damage to the clutch I would have had to pretty much beat the crap out of right? I guess it could have sustained damage from the PO(s) but it ran fine before I changed the oil.
17k is enough for the previous owner to wreck the clutch. clutches grab much less when cold, so maybe you just haven't noticed it before?

the point i was trying to make is that, the chances of it being worn out springs as opposed to worn out clutch plates or a binding clutch cable, or like... anything else are pretty slim.

i just don't like when people suggest that the solution to a problem is to buy fancy parts. 99% of the time thats not the real solution to the problem, even if it makes the problem go away.