View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #26
ninjunk
Lostcause enthusiast

Name: Graham

Motorcycle(s): 2000 EX250F

light grooving should be recoverable, i'd reckon any decent auto machine shop will be able to hone that. I don't know where you'd buy oversize bearings but as popular as these bikes are, I'd imagine they are out there.

On the SOHC hondas, its really common to smear your cam journals when you run low on oil, be sure to check them.

My bike pops the oil light on a lot, always when it is at idle and i'm turning hard or braking or both. I've got the idle down around 500-600 rpm, that probably has more to do with it than anything.

I noticed that when its running it sucks the sump down (since all that oil is pumping around in the engine) so I don't worry too much about leaving it a bit on the over-full side. I fill it up all the way to to top of the sight glass, and add oil about once a month, its just getting low now and i changed it 3 weeks ago, i'll add a pint or so tonight. All my miles are highway and I do 30-40 miles a day, sooo in 500-600 miles i burn between a cup and a pint of oil... how's that for science?
ninjunk is offline   Reply With Quote