View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #10
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
WAIT!
Please clarify what exactly is being done (action) and what happens (reaction)
I feel like we need a template for posting problems, like I made for users to report IT problems...

Summary: A few sentences describing the problem.
Steps to reproduce: List the actions you did, in order, for this situation to happen.
Desired results: What did you expect to happen after doing the above steps?
Actual results: What actually happened when you did those steps?
Reproducibility: How often does this outcome happen? Every time? Most of the time? Occasionally? Can't get it to do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten1 View Post
isn't the neutral switch under the cover?

the kickstand switch is over there.

either one with damaged wiring could keep it from turning over.
the clutch is on the other side of the bike. I doubt it's messed up.
The kickstand switch will only kill the engine if the bike is in gear with the clutch out (i.e. as you let the clutch out to ride off with the stand down). The neutral switch is essentially overridden in any situation by having the clutch pulled. The neutral indicator light is also grounded through that switch, so if the dash light works properly, then the switch is inherently working properly.

Assuming the clutch switch is working, having the clutch pulled will allow the bike to start and run regardless of the state of the other switches.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.