View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2015, 06:14 AM   #33
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Hi guys, I finally managed to get some time to take the Hulk out and stretch her legs a bit... Did a 100 mile round trip, up the mountains, to enjoy the twisties... All I can say is WOW! The bike is really amazing for what it is and I totally loved riding it. It's really peppy and totally flickable thanks to its uber light weight. It does have it's flaws, but nothing MAJOR and nothing that some light modding can't iron out. Some pros and cons...

Pros : -
1) Peppy Engine, almost instant torque and power.
2) Light weight, very flickable.
3) Uber fast, don't feel like I need a bigger bike at all.

Cons : -
1) Uber vibey engine, gets tiresome after some time.
2) Brakes. Definitely need to upgrade at least the pads.
3) The Seat of this bike is torture! It's even worse than the Ninja 250r seat, and that's saying something.
4) Bike is very jerky at low revs, maybe a fueling problem.

Here is a list of things I want to get done to her PRONTO...

1) Brakes... Definitely brakes... Initially I thought the brakes were fine and didn't need to be upgraded too soon, but I've changed my bike. It's really lacking the bite I'm looking for and the bike takes it's time to slow down. I didn't find any problem with the master cylinder, as the pull is nice and firm, so I'll start with changing the pads and take it from there.

2) New grips to reduce the vibes.

3) Reworked seat to make it comfortable.

4) Remapping to try and improve fuelling.

5) I increased preload on the rear shock because it was hitting the poorly constructed speed breakers while riding two up, seems to have helped.

6) Zip Tie mod to reduce throttle pull.

Will keep adding miles and reporting the updates here...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.