Old September 8th, 2015, 12:58 PM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
GREAT deals on Schuberth S2s at Revzilla

Got an email this morning. Revzilla is having a sale on Schuberth S2 helmets -- going for $375. This is a stupid-good price for a premium helmet. Grab one if you're in the market. I'm at mid-cycle in my helmet rotation so I'm passing.

The neon version is my street helmet and I'm very happy with it. Light. Flows a ton of air despite the small number of vents. Easily the best shield removal/replacement system I've encountered. Built-in sun visor. Comes with Pin-Lock insert.

My $0.02 on some of the features:

- It has a ratchet buckle instead of a double-D ring. This seemed appealing to me and it works just fine. Having experienced it, I find that I prefer the D-ring. It just seems more secure to me. So personal preference... nothing wrong with the ratchet.

- The strap harness system is unique. There are extra straps attached to the harness that go up and aft, like on a bicycle helmet. These are invisible and you don't even know they're there, but it's a cool safety feature that keeps the helmet where it's supposed to be.

- The helmet has a dedicated comm system you can buy, with an antenna built right into the helmet. Cool idea. I got one and returned it.. my experience was not that great. YMMV.

- The liner has little flaps that cover the air inlets inside, for cold weather. Pay attention to these to make sure they're not blocking the vents in summer.

- Lift tabs on both sides of the visor. Yay. Why doesn't everyone do this?

- Helmet is reputed to be very quiet. It is, around town, but you still need earplugs on the highway.

- I have a Shoei-shaped head. This fits me well. Was very tight at first but like everything else it breaks in.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote