View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM   #1
kkim

Lifting The 250R Onto Service Stands

Just thought some of you might be interested on how to lift the bike on to stands to make it easier to service or wash.

Bike ready to lifted...

-016.jpg

I put a block of 2x4 under the sidestand to bring the bike closer to vertical...

-017.jpg

I have spools (10mm) already on the bike and use a combination stand which allows me to either raise the rear using spools or the flat underside of the swingarm. Here I position the spool into the "fork" of the stand.

-018.jpg

After positioning the spools on both sides of the swinggarm in line with the forks, use one smooth motion to lift the back end of the bike up onto the stand.

-019.jpg -020.jpg

For the front, I have this contraption.

-021.jpg

You need to insert a pin into the steering head stem. Stand comes with a variety of pins so you can select the one that fits your bike.

-022.jpg

Pin inserted and front ready to be lifted. The back should be on a stand before the front is lifted to prevent the bike from rolling backwards.

-023.jpg

Push down on the front stand handle and the front end raises up and locks.

-024.jpg

Front and rear of bike up on stands ready to be worked on. Makes life a lot easier for anything from lubing the chain to changing tires to even something as simple as washing the bike.

-025.jpg
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.