View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #41
Nevrfastenuf
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ER-6n 2009 Ninja 250 sold :(

Thank you once again for the great DIY Kelly I somehow managed to get a nail the other day that went through the tread and out the sidewall of my tire, it just barely missed puncturing the air chamber but I figured it was best to just get a new tire. My goal is to never have to take this bike to anyone for any type of service so this meant it was time for me to learn to install my own tire. After reading through the DIY a couple times I purchased a new BT45 rear tire, a couple tire irons, and some rim protectors and went to work. I'm happy to say that it was much easier than I thought it would be and I am actually looking forward to changing my front tire when it shows up next week (It drives me nuts not having a matching set of tires...).

I would definitely have to agree that putting the rear axle in from the disc side instead of the sprocket side made the task a lot easier! I just used the 2X4 method for breaking the bead and I would have to say it worked pretty good and I would highly recommend it for those who are wanting to try their hand at installing their own tires.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" -Unknown
Nevrfastenuf is offline   Reply With Quote