View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2015, 09:11 AM   #15
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

I'm glad u survived without more permanent injury, 30 mph impact from car is no joke.

I would have stayed on the pavement until the ambulance showed up and put me in a gerney, especially when I am hit while standing still at a red light.

In NYC, I always make myself known when coming to a red light, I filter to the front of the traffic light, I make sure the driver behind me when I come to a stop at the light know that I am in front of him. I leave bike in neutral so I can dump the bike and run the other direction when I spot vehicle approaching seem unavoidable, only get into 1st gear when I observe the pedestrian crossing light is flashing and turning solid.

My helmet is covered with reflective (SOLAS) tape and I turn my head left to right, bob up and down just to attract attention from other vehicle operators.

My pre-gen Ninja is bright yellow, but I don't count on the color of the bike to make me more visible. I weave left to right in my lane just to attract attention of other drivers, not continuously, but enough to let other drivers know to give me extra distance on the road.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote