View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #15
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Understood, but let's face it... they are not gunna charge him with a federal offense in this case.
Lemme know if I can help you get any parts. I have a lot of gsxr riding friends that take off the street stuff for track.
I remember how shiny and clean that bike was last time I seen it. I hope you get it back just the same way. Most importantly, you were not part of the damage.
I did not want him charged with a felony. It very well could have been a felony. But you cannot charge a person with a crime that may have happened but did not actually happen.

I think they should have Drug tested/Breathalyzer ed him.
I should have pointed out the seriousness of the act of leaving rather than telling him sometimes people do that and its only a citation because no one was injured.
I think they should have separated us and asked him not to yell at me before I yelled back and was promptly scolded.
I think they should have also ticketed him for his dangerous driving on top of leaving the scene.

The police handled it poorly and if my neighbor had not followed him home they would have ended up not finding him and telling me it is my own fault.

I am not focusing on how morally bankrupt that old timer is.
Or how ethically biased/prejudiced the police are.

Jerks will always be jerks
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am fortunate my neighbors are good people.
I am very very fortunate I was not on the bike.

And I am also fortunate to have a great network of people on this forum to vent too.

And I appreciate the offer of help finding parts.
I will have to see how my appointment goes with Geico.
Then I will have to start making choices on how to proceed.
The tail fairing seems bent but I could not identify any frame damage.

I will start a rebuild thread when I know what I am going to do I am glad the rash on my exhaust is minimal. Termigoni really sets my bike apart form the herd of GSXRS rolling around.

Some of my damaged parts may be usable or salvageable.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote