Old September 28th, 2015, 11:44 AM   #6
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick31210 View Post
Mehhhh....do not want.

I can't get into this electric craze at all. I mentioned on some other forum that electric cars will ruin the performance car hobby and got beat up about it.

I think it's true...your every day guy can't work on these things in his garage. Maybe a century from now, yes but not now and for that I'm not excited at all.

I was talking to my pops the other day about buying new cars and I told him the chances of me getting a new car are real slim because of the limited manual options. As they continue to dwindle, I will have less and less options and will be stuck to only buying used older cars (which is fine with me).

My wife drives a 2012 BMW and it was in service for about 2 months this sumer. During that time, I drove several loaners including the new 428i. I loved the car and the paddle shift transmission was the best one I've ever driven. When you downshifted....it actually downshifted! If you know what I'm talking about, on most of these transmissions, when you downshift there's terrible lag and nothing happens. BMW fixed that, it works just like a regular manual but if the car only has 2 pedals, I don't want it.

I think we're giving up a lot of "feel" and "enjoyment" for comfort and I'm not about that life.
Same for those pussy a$$ F1 cars and their flappy paddles, gimme that big ol stick between my fingers.

Plenty of new performance cars in manual still. I'd probably buy a ninja electric if it was beast enough.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote