View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2015, 02:22 PM   #19
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Electric has caught up on range. A quick google search shows Zero Motorcycle claims 185 miles and Tesla is boasting 265 miles. Range hasn't been much of an issue for awhile.

Recharge time is the biggest difference in my opinion. Depending on your intended use of the vehicle, it's either a non issue or a deal breaker.

For a commuter - recharge once a week or so (depending on commute length) overnight and be done with it.

For a weekend warrior who just likes cruising and exploring - recharge during an hour ish lunch in some dinky town if you convince someone to let you borrow their outlet.

For a long distance rider - plan your route using the online maps like http://www.plugshare.com/ and enjoy the ride.

For crazy riderrs like me - the recharge time is a deal breaker. Yes, I know it's been done, but that Zero was heavily modified.

Would I buy an electric? Absolutely!! My work has a charging station right in my parking lot. But would I get rid of my gas guzzling bike? Nope. I need the speed of a standard gas station for the rides I do.

*daydreams of a long distance beast bike and an electric local play bike*
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.