View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #5
JenkinsBradbury
ninjette.org member

Name: Jenkins

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, DRZ400SM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
Sorry but the whole grom thing I just Don,t get it reminds me of the street legal dirt bikes of the 70;s. These things are so small that cagers will just run right over you
Really depends where you live. In tight built up cities like Sydney Australia (Rode an R1 here over a weekend and the whole time I wished I had a scooter), San Francisco, London etc one of these little bikes would be perfect. Most of the time you can barely even reach the speed limit and you are just wasting the life of your bike and possibly overheating and causing damage.

This is the point. Being able to run for ages costing barely anything, not overheating itself or it's rider, lane splitting, easy parking, get away with hooliganism because of cuteness, easily serviced and maintained by anyone, worst case you never change the oil or check clearances and break the engine you can buy a whole new one fairly cheaply too.

In my home town Adelaide the city is very small with poor traffic flow and terrible parking, one of these or a Braaap 125 would be an ideal second bike.

Sure you could just get a Ninja 250r as a second bike (which I have done for now) but the Grom is just so much more appealing. If only they were a little cheaper and were available in Australia.

I used to have a Madass 125cc about 5 years ago and Iv always regretted selling it. Bad thing about madasses is they were only good for a couple of years then quality dropped off dramatically and I haven't been able to find a good one.
JenkinsBradbury is offline   Reply With Quote