View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2015, 03:30 AM   #31
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Josh,
Really sorry to hear about the loss of your 750. I was sitting at the Hotel and saw this thread. Cant believe the cop gave you that much static for nearly being killed--You could have been on the bike--and he was willing to let a hit n run possible killer go! I was not able to review the Craigslist ad but I know you work on your own bikes and I had never worked on a Duc until I bought my 9. They are way easier than most people think and the 7500 mile checks are just valve checks. I set my valves right in the middle (you can run tighter for "MAX HP" and racing) so they have the max amount to move before needing adjustment. After you "break in" the motor and set the valves the rarely move much unless you are bouncing off the rev limiter all the time. I take both my bikes up to red occasionally but the last time I checked there were none out of speck. Should you join the Duc flock I can show you a quick and easy way to set belt tension which makes it super easy to pull them and check the valves. I would not recommend the older 916 style bikes as the valve adjust is harder but from 2003 on they are easier (way easier) than the Ninja 250 to check and adjust and the fairings on the 999 all come off in under 2 mins! Love the DUZ clips! Best of luck finding a new bike to replace your fallen soldier. I think you should keep the Terimongi exhaust if you can even if you just mount it on the garage wall!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote