View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2015, 09:37 AM   #23
Deathjunior
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250

I'll try to give the best description I can for what I did when pulled out the carbs. There a little different than the standard 4 barrels I'm used to so I'm not the most knowledgeable person in the world on cv carbs but I do know how they work. I cleaned out every jet and made sure all of them were clear, pilot jets were double checked yesterday I checked and rechecked the adjustment screws at 2.5 turns so those should be fine.

I'm going to put in the factory jets and just see what happens. This should cause the bikes rpm to hang more than it already does when i let it off the throttle but if its a problem with the jets being to big it should alleviate it.
The floats seem clean I went though that side of the carburetor and it seemed like new. This whole carb looks quite good on the inside and its really clean on the outside. I didn't change anything inside of the carburetor I just cleaned it and put everything back where it came from its wasn't really that dirty to begin with. The more surprising part is there is no inline filter on the carb and this carbs been messed with before since I didn't have to drill the plugs on the idle screws.

I was thinking it could be a factor of time. What basically happens now is that one you rev the engine enough to get it hot the bike won't idle. It just dies. It turns over just fine though and if you really open up the idle thumb screw (the butterfly valves) then it will restart and then rev stupidly high until you let the idle thumb screw back down. That leads me to believe that its a factor of to much fuel and not enough air and that letting the bike sit allows the excess fuel to evaporate.

I'm just converting knowledge from cars so you'll have to give me a bit of a break if this is wrong. I've pretty much just been wrenching on old muscle cars since i was a kid basically anything with a bowtie or an arrowhead. I'd like to ask my dad for help with this one (harley mechanic of many years) but he can't know I have a bike lol. Thats a story for a different day though.
Deathjunior is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.