Old October 13th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #19
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
However, I'm still in the novice group on the track. I'm worried that I'll be one of a few little bikes out there. Hopefully they won't stick me into the slow group? Do you just hot pit when you get held up by a larger bike on the straights? The no corner passing rule seems like it will make riding a slow bike a bit tricky.
They may stick in in the I group max, but then you'll be able to practice poaching Keeping A group pace on a 250 takes some big ones.

Yes, just hot pit and find a break in traffic. Last time I was at the track, I rode I group. I started from the back, and the faster riders were just starting to lap me at the end of the session. Aka, an entire session of open track for me.

Yeah, that rule sucks and isn't fair to smaller bikes. But once the instructors see that you're consistently being passed on the straight and held up in the corners, they typically will make a comment to other riders to not park it in front of you. That's what they did for me last time I was in N group. I got lots of space after that. As you get into higher pace groups, the other riders are better about that and will give you space if you can hold their pace.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.