View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #20
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Sorry, Ben.
I did mean to vote your post as helpful, but my big finger and my phone do not get along.
here I was hoping for a very interesting opinion on why a different skill was more important

it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
^This. Having a better idea of where to brake and then where to begin a turn are definitely two points which helps. My question is what do you do when you're on a new road and don't know where to brake or start your turn. I think I just need proper coaching and more seat time. Last time I went for a riding school, I walked away with a broken wrist and not much else, will try attending one again end of november.
I go slower and absorb more visual cues
my approach to a new track and a country road are very different though
for a track slower is still pretty quick, but slow enough to where I can actively decide why I want to choose one line over another for later on
for a country road there are so many variables that I'm not going quick at all and have the time to react to basically anything ahead of me, especially noting blind crests to slow down for those since you really don't know what's on the other side of them

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.