View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2015, 07:30 AM   #26
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
True, maybe I'll make a trip out and try to ride with some of you guys next season. I'll have to work out how to get there though. Maybe I'll buy a trailer? I've just been bumming rides with guys who live in the same town as me so far.
given where you live a 4x4 pickup would probably be a welcome addition for you

small trailers are fairly inexpensive as well and tend to hold their value well, I see them going for $300-$1000 all the time

back on the main point, a lightweight class bike on track is loads of fun but I have run into issues with not being allowed to run with "the big boys" because of my bike's top speed being lower than the 600cc race pace speed of several corners at some tracks

but that was when I tried to grid up for black group (advanced tier of advanced group - basically racers only (goes black/blue/red/yellow/white/green from fast-slow)) so it's not that big of an issue

I still have loads of fun catching superbikes and passing them only to have them pit in and rave about how ridiculously fast I was riding the bike (it goes straight to my head and I love it hahahahaha)