View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2015, 10:28 AM   #41
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who's a cop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (this incident occurred near Grandbury, TX which is around 40 miles southwest of DFW) and he tells me that there is no legal exception to crossing the solid yellow line except to make a turn onto a side street or into a driveway. None. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...htm/TN.545.htm

Now, there are people who think that somehow these motorcyclists somehow "deserved" to be attacked this way. To those people I say, you are socio/psychopaths. Nobody deserves to be violently attacked, except perhaps in self defense or in defense of property. Neither of those apply in this situation.

Make no mistake, Crum is a psychopath who consciously and deliberately made the decision to use his vehicle as a weapon to attack other people, with complete indifference to whether or not he killed them. There is no circumstance within a civilized society where this kind of decision is acceptable in any way.

None.

Because if there was, then it would be ok to do it to you, too. Your life is no more valuable to this society than the lives of those motorcyclists who were almost killed by Crum. No less valuable either, for that matter, unless you're the kind of person who thinks the way that Crum apparently does. In that case, you too are a threat to society and need to be treated as would any other dangerous animal.

I don't even pretend to know what goes on in the minds of people who commit acts of violence against their fellow citizens, nor of those who think that it's justifiable in any way.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.