View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2015, 07:45 AM   #101
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
It absolutely is a question of equivalence, of proportionality. When I hear about people getting shot to death for knocking on the wrong door, or for pranks like throwing toilet paper into a tree, I think those are extreme disproportionate uses of force too.

Yellow line crossing occurs all the time, for legitimate and illegitimate reasons. Yet, in this case the unexpected result was a successful attempt to inflict grievous bodily harm with depraved indifference. Note: The driver of the car had no idea of the condition of the passenger. For all he knew, she was dead or dying. "I don't care."

If one wants to make statements like "Well, they had that coming", then one also has to make those statements when you hear about a kid being shot through the door just because they knocked on the wrong door on Halloween. That kid should have taken responsibility to not knock on the wrong door.

BTW, this isn't the first time a driver has deliberately tried to kill a rider:
https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles...clist_off_the/

In that one the driver was drunk, and endangered many other lives that day. That rider, too, didn't deserve to be attacked, just like this one didn't, and the next one won't.
And look the rider had the "skill" level need to avoid the truck.