View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:25 AM   #26
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt250 View Post
I wanted to get one of those fastpacks from cycleguys but I had a couple of issues.

One, I wasn't sure exactly how well it would hold its shape if it wasnt filled up nice and tight. What if you just put a couple of things in it, does it stay upright even in turns?

Two, I read a few consumer reviews and the people who bought it said that after a few weeks the fabric that stretches over the seat started tearing. Any truth to that?
Scott, there are 2 zippers on the unit. One holds down the whole bag, when it unzips it allows you to access the top zipper for the containment area. You put your items in... lets go with shampoo bottle and chocolate bar... you then zip the top compartment zipper closed. Then pull the exterior zipper around and it pressures the items down and decreases the amount of extra non-filled space you ask about. I can put one bag of dog food in and it hold its shape without slippin around and still isn't really full. It never really sways no matter the amount you put in.... not enuff to cause any balance concerns. So no you need not always have it filled to use it.

I've had mine on the bike since I bought it in February 2009. Only take it off to wash the bike. If you are reefin at getting it on and off excessively or overpacking it and pulling the zippers tightly over it Im sure you could tear the fabric because it stretches tightly over the pillion seat then secured under the seat with 4 crossover velcro strips. I've not had a moment's trouble with the pack nor any "rippage" on the pack and I've double zipped many items tightly and the pack never disappoints me. One thing it doesnt do well is carry long items... I use the bungee cord I carry around for these needs. I like that it hides away and is there when I unexpectedly decide to shop and voila... I've got a bag... yay! I don't need to tuck it inside my jacket! Oh and it doubles as a padded pillion seat for 2 ups saves them from pressure sores on their butts...
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote