View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2015, 06:08 AM   #8
22R88
ninjette.org member

Name: KT

Motorcycle(s): 2004 EX250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessou View Post
Thanks to everybody for the replies. I've been suspecting it was a fuel issue. The bike is getting 180-200 miles out of the tank before I switch to RES, so I wasn't alarmed by a loss of mileage.

Previous owner only owned the bike for three months. It had been dropped by the owner before that, resulting in two cracks in the fairing but nothing else (that he noticed, obviously). The PO simply believed that 60mph was the limit for the bike, and that the acceleration was normal. It was his first bike and he took it in for oil and filters at least once in that three months. I don't blame him for anything.

I know how quick these things should be able to go. It's not some sort of delusion where I bought an EX250 expecting ZX-6R levels of thrust. The 0-60 for the bike is stated in many places, and this bike simply doesn't hit it. I shouldn't be pegging the tach in 2nd gear to reach 40. A bike that can effortlessly zip up to 80 should not have the needle fighting to touch 60 on the speedo.

I will talk to the shop on Monday (closed Sunday) about a potential fueling issue and get back to you with their response and estimate before doing anything.

Again, thank you to everybody that chimed in.
I can personally attest to Ducatiman's carb work. He refurbished my 04 250 Ninja carbs and it runs, starts and idles like a bike from the showroom. He is also quick and inexpensive and very professional to work with. Best of luck whatever you do and keep us posted.

22R88
22R88 is offline   Reply With Quote