View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2015, 08:38 AM   #122
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Here is the other thing. I do not believe Marc did anything wrong or intentional in PI. I really don't. He raced hard and put in an amazing last lap and won. His surprise and elation with the result was evident on his face. He was a bit shocked even he pulled that off.

Fast forward to Sepang Thursday, Rossi loses his composure and calls out Marc. EVERYONE is shocked and dumbfounded. He not only started shifting focus away from himself but OPENLY attacked Marquez. If you watched that press conference, it was obvious that everyone, including Marc, had a total WTF moment.

From that point on, everything changed. Rossi, in a rather undignified way, poked the bear. And in doing so started us on a journey that ultimately, and in a really really ugly unfortunate way, brought us to where it deserved to go anyways. With Jorge winning the title.

He simply was better. More laps led, more poles, more wins, and simply deserved to win. Now here is the thing. Could Marc had taken some desperate stabs at Lorenzo in Valencia? Probably. Would he have made them stick? Not sure. Dani tried and went wide easily giving the position back the Marc. He also could have ended up on the ground, something he really did not want to do AGAIN this season. Ultimately, do you risk crashing yourself and maybe a title contender, in the last race of the year, and in doing so help the guy who has been a total jerkbag and called you every ugly name under the sun for the last couple weeks?

Lorenzo did what he had to do, Rossi made his bed with this Marquez situation - both reaped the rewards of such.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote