View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2015, 03:53 PM   #10
f0r54ken
ninjette.org member

Name: Ash

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki ninja ex250 2007

Thank you guys, This information is very helpful. You guys will be mad but I'm working with the evolution service manual (2008+) I figured it shouldn't have been that much different. Looks like I was wrong.

Ok, So I will set the rockers to proper spec. I know I had low compression a week after the head gasket went with the coolant issue. But Greg I think you're right. The exhaust sounds stuck. It was pretty rapid and I don't have any kids to stick toys in it. once I adjust the valves to proper spec If it still sounds like a fart in a marshmallow factory I'll take the exhaust off and clean the inside like toilet brush.

Spooph, I plan on it I know the next step is a leak down test. Lemme ask too. is there a way I can check the valve stem integrity with just the cover off? I Could go down as far as removing the timing assembly too tonight. I'm avoiding taking the head apart again for now until I'm left with no other possibilities.

Ghostt, Thank you for those measurements. I kind of wonder if there is anything Else I should know. I suppose I can just suck it up and buy the service manual. :/
Unless someone has a digital version they can email me? Does it say it can't be resold? Not sure how copyright works for books. f0r54ken@hotmail.com

I did check the head for warping. I did not bore or lap any ends though just cleaned them well. I used a duct tape roll horizontally and pushed down around the cylinder section on the bottom of the head. then used the smallest feeler to check all around the roll for blips and chips. I repeated for both sides. Couldn't get the feeler to go between the roll and the bottom of the head. I hope I described that properly.

I used a new gasket with some copper spray and got no leaks after running for 25 miles. So that's good at least.
f0r54ken is offline   Reply With Quote