Thread: GSXR 600
View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2015, 02:22 PM   #1
chemist
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): gsxr 600 2012

GSXR 600

Welp. I did not fully stick to my long term goals. I wanted at least a track session before switching to a 600cc from the 300cc but i found a really great deal. I also think part of it is that I was thinking I would have more time in the year to maybe attend some track sessions. I have come to the realization that I am a bonified commuter that won't see the edge of his tire wear for several thousand miles.

So, I was looking at any 600 really with the hopes of finding a great deal on an r6 but i didn't have many restrictions as to which one I wanted. This gsxr apparently has a military background in hawaii and only saw 3,600mi as a 2012. So I snatched it up!

initial impressions:

I find the supersport geometry MORE comfortable on the highway but commuting in the city is certainly a chore and less comfortable than the 300. All that being said, the added weight helps slightly in crosswinds and with semi trucks but that became a moot point on the 300 when I actually learned to hold my weight with my legs. It is much smoother on the highway and obviously has more power. I still find the slipper clutch on the ninja a bit better. Brakes are not too bad on the gsxr but I plan on upgrading the master cylinder which apparently is a common mod for the nissan/brembo gsxr series.

Very happy with the purchase. Taking it slow and happy that i started on the 300. still hoping to get some track day experience but it may take a lot longer than initial planning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1157.jpg (161.5 KB, 21 views)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.