View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2015, 02:53 PM   #20
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddlee1978 View Post
Finally got to ride bike for first time. It is really fun and I like how it runs and feels. Got to ride it to church and a hour and a half earlier this morning. Does anyone have troubles seeing behind them with the mirrors? I trying to find the right spot. Right now I have been putting my arms wide on handlebars and looking in between my arms.
I generally treat the mirrors as a tool to keep me aware of my surroundings, but not to tell me what is an isn't there when I'm going to change lanes. I haven't spent much time on the street on my Ninja, but on my CBR I have to tuck my arms in order to see anything. They're an anticipatory tool for me - an SUV is approaching on this side, there might be a gap in a few seconds on that side, etc.

If I'm changing lanes or for any other reason need to know for sure what's there, I turn and look the same way I would without any mirrors (e.g. on the track).