View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #39
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

well i just finished installing the 15" CF QC, and boy it has a good rumble to it! (yes, did it today! couldnt resist, managed to finish up before it got dark).

i will be adjusting the shims and removing the snorkel + kleen air maybe this week end, still need to gather up the parts to close up the hose nobs.

^ lol... wrote the above before i went out, and randomly left the house before i finished posting this.

now after coming back from a ride around to have dinner with some friends i find it a little on the loud side. i don't know how people would put up with a 12" standard core, cos that must be LOUD... and even the other after market exhausts which are said to be louder still!

but i guess it will take some getting used to this volume after only ever riding bikes with their standard inaudible mufflers. however it already makes the bike seem like it migrated from the scooter department, to a proper bike... dont know how to say this, but i guess when your as silent as the wind, it somehow feels like on a bicycle, ive noticed more people looking/glancing my way, and its good not because i want to be obnoxious, or wanna be seen... well i want to be seen for safety reasons, not for my ego, rofl. most accidents here happen because people ride in a way that you can only understand when you come here, and that is they go, and assume that the others see them, and slow down or stop for them! works most of the time, but they ofter underestimate people that are going faster than average...

anyhow, it felt like i was able to get up to 150 kmh quite easy , where as i haven't pushed the bike that far before the mod. (always stopped at around 140~145 Kmh) and i still have to do all the complicated fiddly stiff to tune up the carb. now I'm really looking forward to feeling the difference once its all properly set up.

i had some partial backfires, but i did not do any hard deceleration, which would probably get some proper backfiring action going. definitely need to remove the kleen air system.

ok, i need some advice from our Guru's;
should i go for the full stage 2 dynojet mod, or just shim the needles (with the needles that i got in the kit)? im thinking of doing it in stages, but seeing that ill have the snorkel + kleenair removed, and the full exhaust installed, i wouldn't want to cause any damage running the bike too lean

hope you guys didn't fall asleep half way through that post, hr hr hr
wayanlam is offline   Reply With Quote