View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #14
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
Correct. I never got a bike because of spending money in maintenence/mods/gas etc. Although, in hindsight, I could have afforded it with the Supra. Especially if I was riding the bike more often. But then, the best part about the bike is I don't have to or need to ride it. Only when I feel like it. (and I've still managed to rack up 5500 miles so far )

My biggest thing was that I got burned out of the supra being my only car. I was capable of doing most all of my own work and never left me stranded, plus a good friend of mine runs a shop that specializes in Supras. I just got tired of having to plan time to work on it. Like if I needed to swap the turbos, I'd have to get to work friday and make sure to finish by sunday so I can go to work or school on monday... Got old after 4-5 years...
yep, when a hobby or a part of the hobby starts to be work instead of fun, you need to seriously look at stopping it. I stopped riding dirt bikes for many years from being burned out from trying to get better and better and not succeeding to the level I wanted to ride. After awhile, riding wasn't fun and I had to step away from it for a few years to regain a healthy attitude towards riding offroad. I no longer race or have any desire to compete and love just futzing around and having fun on dirt roads and trails.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote