View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #11
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauR View Post
Thanks a lot Ghost!!!

I'll leave the carbs alone!!!

Already replaced the plugs and the bike is running great again! The only thing I'm thinking about is remove the snorkel... maybe this weekend
What year is the bike?

I strongly recommend that you service the spark plug caps, to eliminate another possible cause, and I also recommend this is done to make sure the caps are 100% right, as they due cause problems as I stated above.

I recently did the CoPs modification to eliminate the caps, and they produce a better spark and clean things up nicely.

Here's my write-up,
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/blog.php?b=8379

To address the altitude issue, here is the official Kawasaki service

Quote:
High altitude adjustments require replacement of certain carburetor jets.

High Altitude Carburetor Specifications
Main Jet: #102
Pilot Jet: #35

After high altitude adjustments are performed. provide the customer with the Vehicle Emission Control lnfonnation Update Label and label installation instructions (P/N 99969-0614).

Advise the customer that by law, the Vehicle Emission Control lnforrnation Update Label must be affixed to any vehicle modified with the high altitude adjustments.

NOTE
If a vehicle with the high altitude adjustments is used below 4000 feet (1219meters), the update label must be removed and the original carburetor parts must be reinstalled.
Another thing to consider is adjusting and tuning the idle mixture screws

Quote:
Your initial setting should be 3 full turns out from the bottom, remember just slightly tighten them, don't go all Conan on them.

Then warm it up, slowly turn 1 side pilot screw in until the rpms drop, then back out till RPM's peak (and no further)* Twist throttle...see how it reacts...tweak to taste.
Repeat on other side... test ride. You're looking for best throttle response and transition from just cracked to 1/4 throttle opening or so.*

Thats a quickie, 10 cent tutorial on setting pilot screws.**

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote