View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2015, 11:05 AM   #39
Yamahawk
Chaplain

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 75 RD350 race bike, 82 XZ550RJ Vision, 81 XV920RH, 89 VTR250 Interceptor race bike, 06 Concours, 86 EX250E1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverdfw View Post
So I have been doing a TON of reading here and am trying to get a good basic suspension setup before my first trackday next spring.

Here is what I have so far, a 2009 Ninja 250 completely stock.

I have acquired a 2006 GSXR rear shock, and a GSXR 1000 spring installed. I have new dogbones coming to compensate and restore stock ride height

I am 6'0 220 lb without gear. I hope to lose some weight, but lets pretend I wont.

For the fronts, I am hearing a lot of conflict around using RaceTech GVE or Intiminator or nothing at all, and just going with springs and proper oil.

If i go the springs and oil route. it looks like for my weight i need .90 or .95 spring rate springs, and 10wt oil and preload adjusters

Am i on the right path here? Or am I missing something obvious? Thanks!
So Dave, which GSXR1000 spring did you use? The 05-06 spring, or the 03-04 spring? I also have a 06 GSXR600 shock, and I tried a 03 GSXR600 spring, but the OD was too large for me to feel comfortable swapping it on there. Was the GSXR1000 spring the same OD as your 06 GSXR600 spring? Let me know, as I am curious at which one you used. Thanks!
Charlie
BTW, get thread and a lot of good stuff here!