View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2015, 07:29 PM   #27
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahawk View Post
Looks like a good anti-friction additive! It looks like it would be something to try, for sure! I wonder if it is silicon-based? My dad had a small bottle of pure silicon lubricant he got when he worked at Boeng in Seattle in the early 60's, and a couple drops on a rag would do a whole shotgun barrel/ action, and it would protect and lubricate the metal. Good stuff!
For better understanding let me say that the translation for GGV is 'Fork-Slide-Improver'.
I don't think its silicon-based, this would be too easy to copy I guess and the company (a small one) doesn't talk about their secrets.
Some guys from the many in Germany who use this, say that Caramba 70, WD40 or Ballistol (cleaner for weapon) give the same result.
But everyone is enthusiastic after they'd try it for the first time, with only the Triumph riders say that at the usd's from the Triumph the result is not as good as with others, even when the fork after applying it feels better than before.
But with another product of that company everyone is enthusiastic in the highest level, that's the lubrication for the chain what I didn't test until now but will order and use with the new chain.
They say it makes the ride very smooth and this last for 2500 km (1,500 miles) even with riding in the rain and there also should be no more noise coming from the chain.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote