View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2015, 10:00 PM   #4
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
There's only one time when the is a single correct rpms range to be in and that only applies to racing which your not doing so the correct answer to your question is it really doesn't matter as long as it feel comfortable to you.

I only note when I shift into 6th gear while commuting and such but while riding for fun I just keep it around 9000 rpms because it sounds like a sweet spot to my ears. When racing your always above 11,000rpms so it's a bit of a mute point.

Chill street riding I shift between about 5000 because I shift into 6th gear around 50 mph. If I want to jump off the line quickly and distance myself from the cars around me then I shift around 7-8000ish. I'll add that I never look at my RPMs to judge when to shift. I only know these numbers because people ask the question you just asked so it handy to have an answer. So basically as soon as I'm above 45mph I'm in 6th gear until I need a sudden bust of acceleration(rare) or traffic is slowly to less then 45mph.

Smooth precise shifting and well as a predictive view of the traffic around you while make you twice as fast and maneuverable and using all the available power your bike has.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.