View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2016, 08:30 PM   #5
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

READERS DIGEST..... exactly the same outcome. below 1500 rpm dies. above 15/1700 rpm, still climbs to 3 to 5 k, and hangs, then settles to about 2 k.

for those that like to read. scroll below.

Did a complete disassemble (again), removed all jets, needles, diaphragms, screws.( anything that could come out, CAME OUT) Let it sit in carb cleaning fluid for an hour, then sprayed all orifices, springs, screws, tubes with a carb cleaner spray. Magnifying glass inspected. All components had the same "flow", and/or orifice size (if there were 2 or more like pieces). No burs, trash. Reset, re-seated, re-installed. very clean set of carbs. no gunk,junk,slime, anywhere.

NOTE: Right side exhaust header pipe (sitting on bike) still, is much cooler than the left. I can keep my hand on it (and this was after letting bike run for about an hour with the Sea foam).. A quick touch of the left header is all you needed to know it was skin blistering worthy. (makes me wonder if this was the reason mixture screws were set at 3 on one carb, and 3-1/2 turns out on the other?)

All hoses were cleaned, firmly, and fully installed, and clipped in, as well as a new fuel filter. the entire carb bank, is spotless. ( Choke operation, and idle adjustment screw works MUCH better though.)

(since I don't have the manual yet...)

Main jet (appeared) to be #98. BOTH carb needles had E-clip 3rd slot from top, and TWO washers on top. Is that a stock value? (again, it does have a Yoshi slip on) can anyone confirm or deny this is recommended for slip on and/or stock? AND/OR, I cannot truly confirm when last valve adjustment was done. (supposedly after repair, from an accident) POSSIBLE this related to valves needing adjustment?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160107_125039.jpg (22.4 KB, 3 views)
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote