View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #25
Mike V
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R, 2014 CBR650F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Ahhhh! Didn't they have the Pontiac with the same platform? The G6? G8? Also had the Vette motor in it. Didn't sell well either.
That was the G8. The Holdens were brought over in limited numbers so although "didn't sell well," they really are good cars. I liked the G8 but you had to get the $40k+ GXP to get a manual and back then, I didn't have the spare change for that. 5-6 years later, those cars still go for over $30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten1 View Post
Ooooh, it even looks like a Holden. I like it
The SS is very much like the Holden VF Commodore SS-V. We get the magnetic ride control suspension over here though (2015+).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It essentially is. Sadly, it's going away when the platform goes away, which I believe is supposed to be this year.
Yeah the factory closes next year. The Chevy SS hasn't been confirmed for 2017 yet.

Here's my 2015 riding on Eibachs (they work pretty well with the magnetic ride control). The color is called Perfect Blue. 415 hp 6.2 LS3, 6 spd manual Tremec TR-6060, rwd w/ a limited slip diff. Only 77 perfect blue cars in the US with the manual trans. She's a keeper.

Mike V is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.