Old March 1st, 2016, 10:27 AM   #14
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animoto View Post
I feel like someone should had told me this. thanks for explaining how my bill worked. I really didn't even think that there where going to be such separate charges. I'm going to have to share this sooner than later with family because my parents and girlfriend where wondering about the extra charge. Sadly this is one of those things that should be known at least by people who have to be in a hospital.
If you go to the front counter, some offices have little signs explaining who else might be involved in your service. However, in ER cases, there's bigger priorities.

If you really are clueless why certain bills are showing up, call the number listed and ask "Who, what, why?" Be polite and just ask for clarification and you should be able to get answers.

***This next bit is assuming a general situation vs your specific case***

If you do end up with a massive bill after your insurance company has done their best to reduce the bill to contracted rates and paid out their portion, most billing companies (that I have dealt with) are willing to set up affordable payment plans. After my wreck, I ended up with a good chunk owed cause I had lousy insurance and a low paying job. I talked with the company, explained I was willing to pay the bill, and we negotiated a low monthly plan for me. Took a couple years, but got it paid off.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.