View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:02 PM   #1
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

All Balls Steering Stem kit?

I am replacing my fork set- triple, shocks ... on my 04 GSXR 750

How would you go about redoing the front end?

I bought a used set that looks tidy from ebay for 299.99

The one photo shows the outer dust seals as being abit cracked.

I was thinking since my motorcycle is a 2004 it might be a good idea to rebuild the suspension before installing it. The oil ages? right? so a freshen up with new seals would be good preventative maintenance?

Alas - I arrived at the question- Is there any actual measurable benefit to having a needle bearing up-date from All Balls over the oem caged ball bearings in the steering stem?

Should I upgrade the steering stabilizer?

Any how - While I have been waiting for the parts to come in the mail I was considering how I should support the bike while I changed out the front end.

So I was sitting on the couch staring at it across the living room and I thought maybe I should make an oversized "rearstand" that can straddle the engine and support the bike from the spoolish frame sliders?>

So I grabbed some Thin wall EMT and ground the galvanized off it quick. Bendy bendy weldy weldy and viola . Almost finished. I did melt the wheels a bit when I was welding but I think it will still be functional for what little use it sees. I will up load photos in a bit.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote