Thread: Bare bones cafe
View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2016, 12:41 AM   #26
Hasersys
ninjette.org member

Name: Hasersys

Motorcycle(s): Have owned Ninja250,EX500,Xj650,RD250,XV750

Where I am with this bike. Every thing is almost done, I am riding it now an then. It is fun to ride. Sounds good also. There are a few things left like mirrors, paint, speedo, but only one big thing left and that is an issue with the front brake.

I will have that figured out soon. It is not dragging but the caliper is closing on its own. So if I am going over 50 for about 5-10 minutes the caliper is heating up, fluid is expanding, and then closing. I notice the lever starting to get hard then pull over an the rotor is super hot, brake is closing on its own. I crack the bleeder on the side of the road an it is fine the rest of the trip. I think I have an idea of what the issue is after checking every thing. Think my after market lever is holding the mc piston in slightly.

Oh, and it isn't idling again. I had it running real nice about three months ago. I let the bike sit and didn't drain the carb bowls. Everything els after that are minor things that just bug me, like the over flow. I need to remount it at less of an angle so the sight tube works.

Hasersys is offline   Reply With Quote