View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2016, 03:58 PM   #9
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post
I've seen the "budget" magazine builds time and again and their "budget" is almost always unrealistic for the average racer. The fact that Motorcyclist isn't being specific with what they did is enough to make me question their journalistic integrity a little.
Motorcyclist is only attached to the video because he happens to work there. What business that pays it's bills by acquiring views would pass on free content? It's not a magazine project bike (do correct me if you find any evidence to the contrary), they made zero mention of "budget", and there is no article or series of articles to go along with it. The journalism - and that seems like a generous term for posting a video - involved could be summed up with 'here's a video of one of our staff members in his personal time'. I'm baffled about how you landed on this tangent. For comparison sake, his current Motorcyclist long term bike is an RC-390, and the last small bike to fit that role was a CBR250. In both series of articles, there is a price listed for every component he adds.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.