View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #11
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I am an old guy (67) Got a BA in 1966 in English Lit. Joined the Army in 1967 to avoid the draft, and went Airborne, Ranger, Medic. Served in Vietnam as a Combat Medic with the 173Rd Airborne Brigade 69-70. Bought into a motorcycle dealership in 71--We had Norton, Benelli, and Jawa/CZ. Also went back to college and got a masters degree in Social Work. Worked for the state as a Psychiatric Social Worker till I retired in 1991. Wife and I bought a sailboat and went cruising till 2004. We lived on the boat full time and logged over 80,000 nautical miles. We cruised the Great Lakes, East Coast, Florida, Bahamas, and the Caribbean. In 2004 I was diagnosed with cancer secondary to Agent Orange exposure. I am currently in remission. We moved ashore and bought a house--added an in-law apartment and bike shop. I got into bicycles after I got the cancer--riding a super light road racer on the back roads of scenic Maine helps clear the mind. I also got heavily into bicycle mechanics. Last June, I decided to get back into motorcycles (we have several members of our bicycle club who also ride sportbikes) Anyway, gives me someone to ride with. My wife is terrified of motorcycles because her first husband bought a bike and then proceeded to pop wheelies with her on the back on her first ride. She should have divorced the jerk right then and there. We still have the boat and sail together when we are not caring for her 86 year old father.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote