View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #24
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Post Old Newbie

Old Man, I got my Ninja in June. As you know, I have been riding for a long time. Well, when I got this bike, the dealer had misplaced the Owner`s Manual, so the only thing I got was a so-so orientation to the bike. I felt like a total baloonfoot the first few days. This was my first bike without a kickstarter. The shift lever was on the Left and was one down and five up. On my last bike it was on the Right side and was one up and three down. With the brake on the Left. I also never had a bike with directional lights. That took some getting used to. Of course the most embarassing thing was that I did not know about the kickstand safety switch. Invariably I would put the bike in gear with the stand down, and it would stop running. I would then crank the starter and flood the engine. Another Kawa owner on a 600cc told me about that infernal device--and then there was the time my bulky gloves turned off the kill switch while leaving a traffic light. That was real slick. Believe it or not, I am now very comfortable with the bike. I still don`t like the rear tyre (Dunlop) It is too squirrly. The mirrors were not adequate--so I changed them. On the overall, it is a great bike. I don`t think there is a 250 around that can come close. Right now I am learning the maintenance aspects of this bike, and have found this forum absolutely fantastic. I got the Owner`s Manual a week later and found after reading it that I learned very little.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote