Old April 25th, 2016, 01:01 PM   #17
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
So it's actual range isn't a problem then on group rides? How about added wind noise from the unit itself disturbing airflow around your helmet? I'd realistically only use it occasionally, but commute daily, so it'd be stuck to my helmet all the time.
We haven't had a problem with range on group rides, 900 meters is stretching it, but on a clear road 500 meters between riders isn't a problem. But if you are riding in the mountains or city and someone goes around a corner and out of sight with solid stuff between you they drop out. Same with over a hill.

I don't think the SMH10R ads much wind noise. Although I haven't taken it off my helmet to compare. I leave mine on all the time, even when I commute. I sync to my phone. One nice thing about that is that my phone sends a "I'm Driving" reply automatically so people don't expect a text back. My wife and kids know I won't text back, but they can call if it is important. I have a Galaxy 5 and it's supposed to allow me to voice control text but it doesn't work very well. I have to touch the phone (with gloves off) to get the voice text to start. Answering a call is just a touch on the Sena (with gloves on).
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote