View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:45 AM   #32
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
This is what I noticed as well. After turning the idle adjustment knob, give the bike just a little bit of gas to let it settle at the newly-set idle RPM. The idle speed when move a little on its own when you're trying to raise it, but it needs some gas to get up to its new "happy place". Also, make small adjustments; it looks like you gave it a good two full turns from where you started (in total, not just after you turned the idle down by accident), which is a lot. Try it about a quarter turn at a time.

I'd go ahead and get your idle speed set to somewhere between 1200 and 1500 RPM (or whatever you prefer, but that seems to be the norm) and see if you can replicate the problem you described earlier. If this IS the problem you described earlier, then it looks like it's an easy fix!
Spencer I don't think there's anything wrong with your motorcycle. Did you do what brother Michigan said here? Forgetting to turn off your choke is common it's not good for your gas mileage but it's not going to hurt much.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote